Instructor: Sarah Keller
Date: Saturday, May 13
Time: 10:00am - 12:00pm Pacific time
Discover the fun of colorwork and watch your knitting projects come to life using Pacific Knit Co's Doodle Deck.
Skill Level: Our one-day workshop is for beginners looking to grow their skills or for more advanced knitters looking for a fun new way to play with color.
This workshop includes:
- Pacific Knit Co's Doodle Deck, a $36 value
- Pacific Knit Co colorwork project bag, a $18 value
- Pacific Knit Co enamel pin and sticker, a $15 value
- 2 hour in-person workshop taught by Sarah Keller
- Variety of mini balls of yarn available for using in your colorwork project
What's a Doodle Deck?
Each Doodle Deck is a playing-card-sized deck of 54 cards. It includes 2 cowl pattern instruction cards, 12 border chart cards, and 40 chart cards. Choose your construction, motifs, order, and color combos. You'll want to knit this pattern again and again because it's different every single time! They come in a protective plastic carrying case so you can carry them around everywhere!
What you will learn:
Your Doodle Deck contains the blueprint to knit two styles of cowl. We will discuss two-color knitting tips and techniques, including how to catch floats and knit with one color in each hand. We will cover fun ways to use your deck to create one-of-a-kind projects. These projects are especially great for using up leftover balls of yarn!
Registered students will be emailed a coupon code for 10% off class materials purchased at Knot Another Hat, and will receive a one-time 15% off coupon for a post-class purchase.*
- 100g of Fingering or DK weight yarn for your Main Color (choose one weight or the other)
- We will provide various small balls of contrast colors you can play with, or you can choose to bring a couple of contrast colors with you.
- 16" circular needles size US 5 (3.75mm) for DK or US 3 (3.25mm) for Fingering
- Advanced beginners through advanced knitters welcome. You must be comfortable knitting in the round on 16" circular needles. Previous two-color knitting experience not required.
Homework is minimal and will be emailed one week prior to class.
* discount excludes classes, events, and consignment items
Join us to experience the joy of a colorwork challenge. What will you create?