Virtual Class via Zoom
Instructor: Ingrid Saxon
Date: Saturday, May 6, 2023
Time: 9:00 - 11:00 AM Pacific time
You will use two colors in the round to knit a beautiful, reversible headband, cowl, or infinity scarf using the technique of Brioche knitting. The rhythm of the stitches and the squish of the fabric will make this your new favorite way to knit.
Skill Level: Intermediate knitting skills. You need to be comfortable casting on, knitting, purling, doing yarn overs, and reading patterns.Materials:
Registered students will be emailed a coupon code for 10% off class materials purchased at Knot Another Hat, and will receive a one-time 15% off coupon for a post-class purchase.
- Purl Soho’s pattern, “Gina’s Brioche Hat and Cowl” available for free on Ravelry or purlsoho.com
- 100-200 yds each of two contrasting colors of worsted weight yarn
- Needles: size US 6 (4.0mm) circular
- 16" circular for headband
- 24” circular for cowl (24" circumference)
- 32"-40" circular for infinity scarf (56” circumference)
- Stitch marker
- Darning needle (for weaving in ends)
Prior to class, with one color, CO 90 sts (for headband), or 130 sts (for cowl), or CO 218 sts (for infinity scarf). Join in the round and knit 5 rounds. This will prepare you to add your second color and begin Brioche knitting.
Zoom: Class Zoom links will be emailed prior to class
Class size: Class will be limited to 8 students