Variety is the spice of life, and this hat has that in spades. This slouchy style hat looks great on everyone (and won't crush your hair)! Choose from two different sizes and five different weights of yarn. Choose to make it all one color or mix it up with a contrast color. Choose from a ribbed brim or a folded brim - the choices are all yours!
- Size options: Adult S-M/Adult L
- Yarn weight options: fingering, (sport, dk, worsted, bulky)
- 290/320 (255/270, 215/225, 160/180, 130/140) yds (if making a two-color hat, you will need approximately 60% of your yardage for main/brim color and 40% for your contrast stripes)
- one 16" circular needle in larger size, two 16" circular needles in smaller size, as well as double-pointed needles, 2nd circular, or Magic Loop needle in larger size: US 2 & 3 (3.0 & 3.25mm), US 3 & 4 (3.25 & 3.5mm), US 4 & 6 (3.5 & 4.0mm), US 5 & 7 (3.75 & 4.5mm), US 8 & 10 (5.0 & 6.0mm)
- Ribbed brim option will require 20-50 less yards of yarn, depending on size and weight, and only one 16" circular needle in smaller size
- 28 sts = 4" in Stockinette stitch in fingering weight yarn
- 24 sts = 4" in Stockinette stitch in sport weight yarn
- 22 sts = 4" in Stockinette stitch in dk weight yarn
- 18 sts = 4" in Stockinette stitch in worsted weight yarn
- 14 sts = 4" in Stockinette stitch in bulky weight yarn
This pattern is a digital download; your download will be available after completing purchase. If you'd like to add the pattern to your Ravelry library, be sure to click the button on the Order Confirmation page.