Join Team Awesome at Knot Another Hat
Knot Another Hat is the Gorge’s local yarn store, providing a wide range of yarn, tools, and accessories to crafters up and down the Gorge. We offer a fun, creative, and collaborative work environment.
Do you love sales? Do you love yarn? We are looking for someone to create community, educate, and inspire our customers.
At Knot Another Hat we are an anti-racist business and are strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We value, respect, and support all types of diversity across all identities, including, but not limited to, ethnicity, race, gender, LGBTQIA+, age, religion, and abilities.
- Love working with people and problem solving
- Are detail-oriented, organized, and accurate
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Enjoy being creative and learning new skills
YOU COULD BE THE NEXT MEMBER OF TEAM AWESOME AT KAH
- A fun place to work with fabulous co-workers and even more fabulous customers
- A generous employee discount
- A creative and friendly environment
- 8-10 hours per week (hours will vary slightly depending on season but are flexible)
Members of Team Awesome:
- Are knowledgeable about products carried in our store and can clearly communicate their features and benefits to customers
- Are intermediate-level (or higher) knitters; additional knowledge of crochet is a plus
- Are cheerful, friendly, helpful, and patient
- Can interact and communicate easily with co-workers, and can flexibly adjust tasks based on current needs
- Are willing to learn new sales/inventory/computer systems
- Can stand for prolonged periods of time and lift up to 35 lbs
- Are willing to perform light shop maintenance such as vacuuming, dusting, removing trash and recycling, and moving inventory up and down stairs.
- Are aligned with our mask and COVID-19 policies
Your tasks will include:
- One shift on the retail floor per week (approximately 4-5 hours)
- Monitoring the Shop’s sales app on your mobile phone or computer to determine if there are orders in need of fulfillment
- Fulfilling online orders 2-3 days per week (Monday from 11:15-12:30, as well as two more times per week (weekdays) for approximately 1-2 hours, scheduling flexible)
- Fulfilling orders with accuracy and efficiency; delivering orders to the Post Office if necessary (one block away)
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with customers in person, through email, and on the phone
- Positive and regular interaction with customers via the Shop’s social media outlets
- Staying knowledgeable about shop products, classes, events, and samples
- Maintaining inter-employee communications via the Shop’s Slack Channel
- Maintaining shop cleanliness and organization
- Tagging, arranging, and displaying merchandise to promote sales
- Receiving shipments accurately and shelve/display product
- Maintaining accurate storage inventory; check restocking needs
- Working periodic special events outside of regular hours (employee meetings, annual inventory, Small Business Saturday [Saturday after Thanksgiving], retreats, workshops)
Please send your resume and cover letter to Sarah Keller: sarah-at-knotanotherhat-dot-com with subject: I’m Perfect for Team Awesome. Please also send a short video via Instagram direct message to @knotanotherhat telling us why YOU would be great at this job.
In your resume, please include 2 references who can speak to the requirements above. In your cover letter, please explain how your particular strengths would contribute to the overall community at Knot Another Hat.