To subscribe to Knitted Wit's HERstory Sock Club and save $2 off each month's shipment, see our subscription listing here.
Join us for another year of HERstory from Knitted Wit!
The 2023 HERstory focus is authors again! 2022's focus on authors was great, but obviously couldn't cover nearly enough amazing writers in just 12 months, so the fun continues in 2023. Each month's color will be inspired by an amazing author, and each monthly loveletter will include a list of their published works, as well as more suggested reading based on their style or genre. It will be an exciting year, and we are so happy you'll be joining us!
This out-of-this-world sock yarn is hand-dyed right in Portland, Oregon by Knitted Wit in bright, look-at-me colors. The merino wool is completely sourced within the U.S from sheep to skein. As an artisan, hand-made product colors can vary slightly from skein to skein. For best practices with hand-dyed yarns, alternate skeins in projects requiring more than one skein.
- Jan - Mia Birdsong and How We Show Up - read the loveletter here
- Feb - Octavia Butler and Lilith's Brood - read the loveletter here
- Mar - Tarana Burke and Unbound - read the loveletter here
- May - Helen Hoang and Kiss Quotient - read the loveletter here
- July - Sonali Dev and Incense and Sensibility - read the loveletter here
- August - Alisha Rai and Partners in Crime - read the loveletter here
- September - Sandra Cisnerso and Mango Street - read the loveletter here
- October - Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz and Roots of Resistance - read the loveletter here
- November - Robin Wall Kimmerer and Braiding Sweetgrass - read the loveletter here
- December - Amelia and Emily Nagoski and Burnout - read the loveletter here
**Note: Hand-dyed yarns vary from skein-to-skein and more so from batch-to-batch. We recommend that you purchase enough yarn at once to complete an entire project. Also, when using hand-dyed yarns in a project that requires more than one skein, we recommend alternating skeins every other row to even out any differences.
|Fiber:||80 superwash merino, 20 nylon|
|Gauge:||fingering (1), 6.5-8 sts/inch|
|Needle:||US 2-4 (3.0-3.5mm)|
|Hook:||B, C, D|
|Care:||hand wash, dry flat|