Join us on a 20-month journey to knit the Great American Aran Afghan. Navigate through an Aran knitting adventure, while expanding your knowledge with intricate cables and charts under our careful guidance.
Here is what you will take away from our virtual Afghan eCourse:
- your cable skills will go from the most basic "anyone can do this" cables to "12-stitch-multi-directional-3-cable-needles-outta-this-world" cables.
- you will become a chart-reading pro
- you will learn additional skills such as seaming with a crochet hook, provisional cast on, grafting, picking up stitches in tight places, short rows, bobbles, and more
- you will have a beautiful, lasting heirloom afghan when you are finished
Here's what past student Joan C. has to say about our course:
Thank you for this course. I learned something new with every square. I loved the challenge and the quality of the finished project. I enjoyed the feeling of connection to a group. This course gave me confidence to take on more difficult patterns. Yes, I have moved beyond knitting socks!
The course includes comprehensive, easy-to-use charts for the afghan squares and each month's lesson contains tips & tricks and video tutorials. Students will need to purchase the Great American Aran Afghan book separately. Registered students will receive 15% off yarn purchased for their afghan.
If you read this list and said, "Sign me up", then register today. This course only opens up once every two years, so you don't want to miss this opportunity to hop on board.
Still not sure? Take our quiz to see if our Afghan eCourse is right for you. You can also read more about why we think this course is a game changer for all knitters on this week's blog post.
The Knitty Gritty:
- Course enrollment is open from now through December 15th.
- Required yarn: 4000 yards worsted weight
- Once enrolled, you will have access to full details on yarn and tool recommendations
- Your first Square lesson will be available January 5, 2023. Square lessons will include a chart, notes specific to that month's square, and a video walk-through of the ins and outs of knitting that square. Demonstration videos of certain techniques will be included when necessary.
- Each subsequent lesson will be released every month for the next 19 months. The book includes patterns for 24 squares; only 20 are needed in the afghan (there is are two optional pillows that use 4 squares). We will cover 18 squares in depth, with the 6 additional squares being presented at the end of the course with our custom charts and notes. In addition to the 18 individual square lessons, and the 6 additional squares, we will also cover knitting the border and the final assembly of all pieces.
- Monthly subscribers who let their subscriptions lapse will lose access to the course 30 days after their last successful payment.
- All charts are downloadable, so I recommend saving them and printing them each month.
- After the course is complete you will have access to all course materials and the virtual classroom indefinitely.
*Knot Another Club members: club discount is only applicable to the one-time payment option, not the monthly subscription.
Virtual Course Cancellation Policy (courses hosted on our virtual classroom platform Thinkific): refund for store credit minus a 5% processing fee with 2 days' advanced notice; within 2 days of course start date no refunds available. There are no refunds for course materials or digital content that the student has already received.