Join us for another year of HERstory!!
For 2020, the HerStory focus is FIRSTS. We will be showcasing the first person to do X, Y or Z, and discussing the impact that door-opening has had on future generations of potential HerStory recipients. It will be an exciting year, and we are so happy you'll be joining us!
2019 HerStory was all about the arts, and we learned about people who inspire and create physical art and auditory art. Women who make with their hands, women who make with their words, women who make with their voices. It was an amazingly inspirational year!
In 2018 we explored women in history and their accomplishments in the STEM fields. We celebrated all women and shone a light on the women we don't often hear about.
This out-of-this-world sock yarn is hand-dyed right in Portland, Oregon by Knitted Wit in bright, look-at-me colors. The merino wool is completely sourced within the U.S from sheep to skein. As an artisan, hand-made product colors can vary slightly from skein to skein.For best practices with hand-dyed yarns, alternate skeins in projects requiring more than one skein.
- January - climber Junko Tabei and Great Heights - read the latest loveletter here
- February - pilot Bessie Coleman and Queen Bess - read the latest loveletter here
- March - Iditarod winner Libby Riddles and Mush! - read the latest loveletter here
April - Zahidi Kazmi and Paxi SOLD OUT
- May - Janet Guthrie and Vroom Vroom! - read the latest loveletter here
- June - Sophie Blanchard and Up, up and away! - read the latest loveletter here
- July - Dr. Susan LaFlesche Picotte and Omaha - read the latest loveletter here
January - Musician Beyonce; and Goddess SOLD OUT
- February - Sculptor Teresita Fernandez and Preconceived Notion
March - Film Director Activist Ava DuVernay and Tesseract SOLD OUT
April - Contortionist and 1st Female Tattoo Artist in US Maud Wagner and Old Lines SOLD OUT
May - Emilie Floge and Boho Chic SOLD OUT
- June - Nnedi Okorafor and Akata Witch - read the latest loveletter here
July - Amy Sherald and Believing the Good - read the latest SOLD OUT
August - Judith Jamison and Dancing Queen SOLD OUT
- September - Joana Choumali and Crafted Perfection - read the latest loveletter here
- October - Indigenous basketweaver and activist Elsie Allen and Pomo Basket - read the latest loveletter here (for this month, the Knitted Wit crew literally painted a basket pattern onto the yarn in the dyepot!)
November - healthy, sustainable food advocate Alice Waters and Chez Yarn SOLD OUT
- December - native artist + maker Teri Rofkar and Raven's Tail - read the latest loveletter here
January - Marie Curie and Radioactive Rainbow SOLD OUT
February - Sau Lan Wu and Charm QuarksSOLD OUT
March - Tu Youyou and Sweet Artemisia SOLD OUT
April - Maryam Mirzakhani and Moduli CurveSOLD OUT
May Francoise Barre Sinoussi and Prende le coeurSOLD OUT
Jun - Velentina Tereshkova and Out of this WorldSOLD OUT
- Jul - Christiane Nasslein-Volhard and Time Flies Like an Arrow, Fruit Flies Like a Banana
- Aug - Seema Prakash and Famine Fighter
- Sep - Dr. Maria del Socorro Flores Gonzlez and Invasive Invaders
Oct - Wangara Maathai and UnbowedSOLD OUT
Nov - Rosalind Franklin and Miracle of DNASOLD OUT
Dec - Zaha Hadid and If She Builds It SOLD OUT
||80 superwash merino, 20 nylon
||fingering (1), 6.5-8 sts/inch
||US 2-4 (3.0-3.5mm)
||B, C, D
||hand wash, dry flat