Join us for another year of HERstory!!
For 2020, the HerStory focus is FIRSTS. We will be showcasing the first person to do X, Y or Z, and discussing the impact that door-opening has had on future generations of potential HerStory recipients. It will be an exciting year, and we are so happy you'll be joining us!
2019 HerStory was all about the arts, and we learned about people who inspire and create physical art and auditory art. Women who make with their hands, women who make with their words, women who make with their voices. It was an amazingly inspirational year!
In 2018 we explored women in history and their accomplishments in the STEM fields. We celebrated all women and shone a light on the women we don't often hear about.
This out-of-this-world sock yarn is hand-dyed right in Portland, Oregon by Knitted Wit in bright, look-at-me colors. The merino wool is completely sourced within the U.S from sheep to skein. As an artisan, hand-made product colors can vary slightly from skein to skein.For best practices with hand-dyed yarns, alternate skeins in projects requiring more than one skein.
- January - climber Junko Tabei and Great Heights - read the latest loveletter here
February - pilot Bessie Coleman and Queen Bess SOLD OUT
March - Iditarod winner Libby Riddles and Mush! SOLD OUT
April - Zahidi Kazmi and Paxi SOLD OUT
- May - Janet Guthrie and Vroom Vroom! - read the latest loveletter here
- June - Sophie Blanchard and Up, up and away! - read the latest loveletter here
- July - Dr. Susan LaFlesche Picotte and Omaha - read the latest loveletter here
August - Madame CJ Walker and Beauty Culture SOLD OUT
September - actress Yalitza Aparicio and Indigenous Excellence SOLD OUT
- October - White House chef Cristeta Comerford and Para Sa Chef - read the latest loveletter here
- November - American Indian activist and first female chief of Cherokee Nation Wilma Mankiller and Being of Good Mind - read the latest loveletter here
- February - Sculptor Teresita Fernandez and Preconceived Notion
- September - Joana Choumali and Crafted Perfection - read the latest loveletter here
- October - Indigenous basketweaver and activist Elsie Allen and Pomo Basket - read the latest loveletter here (for this month, the Knitted Wit crew literally painted a basket pattern onto the yarn in the dyepot!)
- Jul - Christiane Nasslein-Volhard and Time Flies Like an Arrow, Fruit Flies Like a Banana
- Aug - Seema Prakash and Famine Fighter
||80 superwash merino, 20 nylon
||fingering (1), 6.5-8 sts/inch
||US 2-4 (3.0-3.5mm)
||B, C, D
||hand wash, dry flat