The country might be in the midst of a giant polar vortex, but that doesn't mean we can't plan our knits for Spring and early Summer! In fact, I challenge you to imagine yourself surrounded by budding flowers, the prospect of gardening, sunny skies with intermittent showers (the kind that bring on growth), and a desire to take a Springtime stroll ...
What are you wearing as you picture this? I have a suggestion: the Azalea sweater from Manos del Uruguay's Spring '21 collection.
This pullover is knit in Manos Feliz, a beautiful blend of wool/modal that knits at a wide range of gauges and comes in the happiest palette of colors:
The sweater itself is very straightforward: a small garter border with a diamond design transitions to Stockinette in the round, followed by a return of garter at the neckline:
After a Winter of knitting loads of cables and details, Azalea is a nice break to mindless, comfort knitting. The sweater is offered in a wide range of sizes, and thanks to the great yardage on Feliz, it only takes from 3 to 6 skeins. Here are all the important details:
- Finished Bust Circumference: 37¾ (43¾, 46½, 52¼) (55¼, 61, 64, 67)”
- Length: 19¾ (20¼, 20¾, 21½) (22, 22½, 22¾, 23¼)”
- Sweater shown measures 43¾”.
- Note: This garment has an oversized fit and is intended to be worn with 8” to 11” of positive ease; for a more fitted silhouette, choose a size with 4” to 7” of positive ease.
- (I am knitting our shop sample is size 46.5" and in color Copper, 2127.)
- Manos del Uruguay FELIZ (70% superwash merino, 30% modal; approx. 350 yds/100 g): 3 (4, 4, 5) (5, 5, 6, 6) sks.
Another great thing about Azalea and the Feliz yarn? The gauge is 5.5 sts/inch, so you won't get bogged down with tiny stitches on tiny needles.
Our KAL will begin on March 3rd, and run through the month of March. We'll be kicking off the fun with a Zoom meetup on March 5th at 12:30 PT, followed by three more Zoom get-togethers on March 12, 19, and 26 (same time).
Participants get 10% off their purchase of Feliz - to sign up for the KAL just fill out the form below, and we will send you a coupon code to use to purchase your yarn, as well as Zoom invites when we get closer to the KAL start date.